WeFlex Pty Ltd provides an online eLearning platform and online marketplace. These include the WeFlex eLearning site (the Site), an online marketplace (the Website) and related internet services (collectively, the Services). The Services is operated by WeFlex Pty Ltd (the Company, we or us) for users of the Services (you).
In Australia, we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
How we collect your personal information?
Directly from you:
- Interact with us via in-person over the phone, email and social media.
- Attend our events.
Automatically through your use of our Services
From other sources
- People with permission from you to give us your information such as family members.
- Recruitment agencies, previous employers or referees.
We may collect the following personal information:
- Email address;
- Address and phone number;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- IP address, device ID, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites and standard web log information;
- Credit card information;
- Details of your activities within the Services;
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you, or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those Services and respond to those enquiries;
Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect your personal information for:
- Providing our Services, communicating with you, managing your account and billing;
- Managing, planning, advertising and administering programs and events;
- Improving the Services;
- Responding to requests for information;
- Responding to feedback and complaints;
- Recruitment processes;
- Security, fraud and loss prevention; and
- Complying with the law.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our Services. These may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by emailing email@example.com or by using the opt-out facilities (such as an unsubscribe mechanism) provided in the communication.
To whom do we disclose your information
- Our employees and consultants;
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including developers and other providers for the operation of our Services and/or our business or in connection with providing our Services to you);
- Payment system operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- Our existing or potential agents, business partners, sponsors, promoters or partners;
- Our professional advisors;
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
How does WeFlex use and disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to venues where this is necessary for the delivery of the event. We may also use images and sound which identify you for promotional purposes.
Disclosure to other service providers
WeFlex may disclose personal information to third parties in order to provide our Services, including service providers used for data analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, information technology services and support and website maintenance and development. Third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information may contact you directly to let you know they have collected your personal information and to give you information about their privacy policies.
For administration and management
We will use and disclose personal information for various administrative, management and operational purposes such as:
- Invoices, receipts and debt recovery;
- Reviewing our Services;
- Dealing with enquiries, complaints and legal claims; and
- Seeking legal advice.
Does WeFlex disclose your personal information overseas?
We do not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Can you deal with WeFlex anonymously?
WeFlex will allow you to deal with us anonymously by using a pseudonym where it is lawful and practicable. Please note it is not practicable for WeFlex to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on a long-term basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to utilise our services or participate in our events, programs or activities we manage or deliver.
Websites and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website, or a publishers’ website that we (or a third party acting on our behalf) is placing advertising on.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of these websites, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the number of messages users have sent and the IP address assigned to your computer.
We may also employ cookies to keep track of your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your browser or device that can be read on future visits, and can recognise you across different websites, services, devices or browsing sessions.
However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. In relation to the former, we host personal information in AWS data centres in Sydney. We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or destruction, and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. WeFlex upholds physical security over paper and electronic data stores through locks and security systems at our premises. We also utilise firewalls and other security systems including passwords to control access to our computer systems. All WeFlex employees have access to your personal information and are bound by strict confidentiality provisions in their employment contract.
The Website does not necessarily use encryption or other technologies to ensure the secure transmission of information via the internet. We recommend users of the Website to be careful in sharing personal information via the internet.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access and update the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information provided through the website or using the contact details set out below.
We may charge you a reasonable administrative fee for the cost of providing access if the request is complex. If there is a charge, we’ll let you know beforehand so you can decide whether to proceed.
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
How to contact us
WeFlex Privacy Compliance Officer
Phone: 1300 933 539
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 933 539. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within the time required by law (if applicable) or otherwise within a reasonable period of time, typically within 30 days.
If you are not content with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Please refer to the OAIC website for their contact details.
Last updated 17/3/2023